Updated: Jun 8, 2020
The World Environment Day Competition is now CLOSED. Thank you to all of you who entered by leaving a comment on our social media pages and website.
Our congratulations go to Andrea Simpson who wins a ONE-YEAR supply of their product of choice which we hope you enjoy! Runner-up one-off single prizes go to Ruth Robson, Ainsley Cairns and Amanda Sloss. Please visit our shop and send us a message using the Contact Us link at the top of this page with your choice of prize.
TO RAISE AWARENESS OF WORLD ENVIRONMENT DAY WE AT BARCALDINE BOTANICALS HAVE PUBLISHED OUR ACTIONS AND GOALS FOR HELPING THE CONSERVATION OF OUR WORLD'S BIODIVERSITY!!
TO ENTER OUR COMPETITION, WE'D JUST LOVE YOU TO READ AND COMMENT WITH YOUR THOUGHTS OR IDEAS FOR LIVING A MORE ECO-FRIENDLY LIFE!! THE WINNER WILL BE PROVIDED WITH A YEAR'S SUPPLY OF THEIR FAVOURITE PRODUCT (See below for Terms & Conditions). THE WINNER WILL BE DRAWN AT RANDOM AT 00.00 MONDAY MORNING 8TH JUNE!!
TOGETHER WE CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE 🌍🌍🌍
Now, more than ever, its necessary for us all to play our part. This year Earth Day is focusing on the celebration of Biodiversity on our planet. Our very own survival is interconnected with all species from the microscopic bacteria, to the largest of vertebrates and we must act to conserve our amazing planet and every living creature that contributes to it!
Our Top 5 Actions:
1. Stop Using Single-use Plastic. Our planet has run out of space... If the pollution and death of millions of other living creatures isn't enough... Components in plastics, vinyls, and synthetic textiles are now being linked to metabolic diseases including cancer, obesity, diabetes, Alzheimers and ADHD.!!
2. Ditch Harmful Synthetics. Start Using Eco friendly Cleaning Products and Natural Products for your body. The chemicals found in some products would scare the living daylights out of us if we were made aware of what they were doing!!
For starters, they leach into our aquatic environment and contaminate the ecosystems there... These chemicals mimic hormones and cause reproductive problems and feminisation of many species. Subsequently, these xenoestrogens are now linked to numerous human cancers, fertility, and metabolic diseases worldwide...THEY ARE INDIRECTLY KILLING US TOO!
3. Don't use Pesticides ...or use Eco friendly ones. Pesticides are responsible for the decline, disease, and eradication of many insects vital for our survival... Why kill them? These same pesticides are now being attributed to the rise in metabolic disease in our OWN species... Try to avoid fruit and veg drowned in pesticides for your own health. GO ORGANIC. Prices of organic veg is already coming down in some supermarkets as demand increases...START AN ORGANIC MOVEMENT!!
4. Don't Consume Meat Or Meat Products full of Antibiotics and Hormones. Hormones and antibiotics affect our bodies when consumed....GO LOCAL FOR MEAT!
5. MAKE RESPONSIBLE FASHION CHOICES....where are your clothes coming from? What are they made from? Consider Recycle and Reuse & Eco-Friendly Fashion!!
Just a little' food for thought' in support of World Environment Day...xxx
******** World Environment Day ********
**Competition Terms and Conditions **
1. Competition entries will only be taken from comments left by visitors to the Barcaldine Botanicals Facebook, Instagram or Website that refer to 'World Environment Day'.
2. Comments can be left using the 'message/comment' functionality to our World Environment Day post on Facebook and Instagram as well as using the 'Contact Us' option or 'Write a Comment' link on our website Blog page at www.BarcaldineBotanicals.co.uk
3. The competition closes at midnight on Sunday, 7th June 2020 and the Winner will be drawn at random shortly after. No entries made after this time will be accepted.
4. The result of the competition will be posted on our Facebook and Instagram social media page as well as the Barcaldine Botanicals website.
5. By entering this competition, you consent to having your name shown on any 'Results of Competition' posts.
6. The World Environment Day Competition is open to UK-based residents only.