Do you Know what Bees Do For Us and Our Ecosystem AND Why Should We Respect our Bees? Here's a few facts to help us find out on World Bee Day 2020...
1. Bees are responsible for pollinating ONE-THIRD OF THE WORLD'S Food... No Bees, No Food.
2.Bees must gather nectar from two million flowers to make one pound of HONEY and in doing so pollinate our plants.
3. One bee has to fly about 90,000 miles – three times around the world - to make one pound of honey.
4. The average bee will make only 1/12th of a teaspoon of honey in its lifetime.
5. A honey bee visits 50 to 100 flowers during a collection trip.
6. A honey bee can fly for up to six miles and as fast as 15 mph.
7. Beeswax is produced by Bees to house their young and store honey for the winter months!
8. Only small amounts of beeswax is produced in relation to honey and Bees are often subject to poor conditions to obtain beeswax and honey.
9. Large scale Commercial bee-keeping is often required to acquire enough beeswax for sale.
10. Bees are given spaces too large to fill, have excess honey and wax removed from hives and replaced with synthetic-produced sugary water...
11. Bees will carry on working until they drop and are being worked too hard without their natural food source...
12. Bees are dying of starvation, exhaustion and disease as their immune systems are weakened by commercial husbandry practises!!
13. Pesticides sprayed on crops and vegetables are causing the death and poor health of our Bees.
CAN YOU HELP YOUR BEES? Yes, you can in doing these THREE things:
- PLANT BEE-LOVING PLANTS IN YOUR GARDEN
- DON'T USE PESTICIDES ON YOUR VEGETABLES
- DON'T USE BEESWAX AND OPT FOR BEESWAX FREE PRODUCTS.
Barcaldine Botanicals make bee-friendly products with NO Beeswax used in any of our products. Click here to see our range of organic health and wellness products.
Thank you for reading.